Tuesday, April 19, 2011

FINALLY Some non-silver madness

It has taken me forever to get these darn things photographed...and now that I have I figured I'd share them with you.  Enjoy! (sorry about the crappy reflections on the gum prints, I had issues with the copy stand)

All images ©Felicia Puff

CMYK Separation in Gum Bichromate

CMYK Separation in Gum Bichromate

Cyanotype toned with tanic acid
CMYK Gum Bichromate


Cyanotype toned with Tanic Acid

Cyanotype on wood

Vandyke on handmade paper

Vandyke on handmade paper

Vandyke on handmade paper

Vandyke on handmade paper

Vandyke on handmade paper

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually trying cyanotype on wood in my experimental class this spring. I was wondering if you had any tips? I've done some research and found some people coat the wood in gesso or gelatin first, but I've also found some people who do nothing to the wood. Some even found that their piece gets darker over time. Email me at ci7668@wayne.edu? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so funny that was your first comment. I think you got great results from your cyanotype on wood. I've been experimenting with this myself, using hardened gelatine and or wood sealer as a prep, but have not been happy with the detail I am getting or how well it is clearing the highlights. Any tips you could provide would awesome.

    Thanks!
    Jon Fishel
    jon@jonathanfishel.com
    jonathanfishel.com



    Thanks

    ReplyDelete